Welcome to Amethyst!
In Class Amethyst we enjoy learning in a supportive, sharing, hard-working and relaxed atmosphere.
- We want to be brave with our learning, be prepared to take risks, and know that it’s okay to make mistakes.
- We want to respect one another and hope to create a space that allows our individual personalities to shine and our interests and skills to flourish.
- We want to enjoy exploring and learning about the world around us.
- We want to accept that we must persevere even when our learning is difficult.
- We are learning to be more independent in, and take on more responsibilities at, school.
- We want to be able to communicate our amazing ideas clearly in lots of exciting ways.
In short, we want to be EPIC!
It's been a short but very busy Spring Term. All the children have worked really hard and enjoyed our themes and curriculum weeks.
Coming up next term we will be starting a new theme based on Richard III and the Battle of Bosworth. We will read some Shakespeare play extracts and do some writing based on Macbeth and the Battle of Bosworth. As scientists and designers, we will learn about different forces and make catapults and medieval trebuchet models and design and print our own coats of arms.
Of course we will also be doing lots of work in preparation of the SATs in early May. there will a revision pack for children who want to keep brains ticking over in the Easter Holiday.
For PE. we will doing tennis skills and learning our Sports Education game ready for our Sports Day later in the Summer.
- Homework will continue to focus on Grammar, reading comprehension and Maths and will be handed out on Thursday to be returned on the following Tuesday.
- With the Fairer weather we hope to outside much more for PE.So children should have their PE. Kit in school throughout the week
- Spelling Homework is given out every other Thursday and is due back on the Tuesday, two weeks later.