- a wonderful Year 1 Class!
- becoming more independent and put our things away by ourselves.
- very grown up! We even change our own reading books.
- a very caring class and are always thinking of ways to look after each other.
- very enthusiastic learners and always work hard.
- a class who loves singing and making up rhymes to help us remember things.
This year we will be mastering many crucial Maths and English skills through fantastic themes.
We have outdoor PE on a Friday and indoor PE on a Wednesday; so we need to have kit suitable for both.
Spellings and Phonics homework are issued on a Thursday and the Phonics homework should be returned on a Tuesday; we do a spelling check each Thursday. Also, we have a theme-based homework each term called ‘3-in-a-row’.
We have log-ins for our online resources of Bug Club and Purple Mash and these are in our reading diaries.
You are always welcome to come in and see the staff in the class if you have any questions to ask or are concerned about anything.
This term we will be embarking on an exciting learning adventure linked mostly to the exciting topic of pirates!
Our English work will be based on a number of different texts including: Narrative - The Pirate Next Door; Report - The Great White Shark; Narrative Fantasy Story - The Sandcastle; Newspaper Report - Pirates!
We will also be learning about the Oceans, Seas and Continents, tie-dying our own bandanas and making pirate shelters!
In Science Week, on the week beginning the 21st May, we will be investigating forces and Materials and we will be inviting you in to join in with some of these activities (letter to follow).