14th March 2018
We enjoyed our trip to Conkers and especially getting wet and muddy in the barefoot walk! We also looked at the food chains of woodland creatures, searched for mini beasts and made mud monsters.
In class we wrote about our Conkers adventure and we used rulers in maths to measure and order outside materials by length, e.g. sticks and leaves.
In PE we have been learning new skills in tennis with a coach from the college.
Remember it is Green Day on Tuesday 20th March. We are looking forward to another fun-filled day!
- a wonderful Year 1 Class!
- becoming more independent and learning to put our things away by ourselves.
- very grown up! We even change our own reading books.
- a very kind and caring class and are always thinking of ways to look after each other.
- very enthusiastic learners who always work hard.
- a class who loves singing and making up rhymes to help us remember things.
This year we will be mastering many crucial Maths and English skills through fantastic themes.
We have outdoor PE on a Tuesday and indoor PE on a Wednesday and Thursday; so we need to have kit suitable for both.
Spellings and Phonics homework are issued on a Thursday and the Phonics homework should be returned on a Tuesday; we do a spelling check each Thursday. Also, we have a theme-based homework each half-term called ‘3-in-a-row’.
We have log-ins for our online resources of Bug Club and Purple Mash and these are in our reading diaries.
You are always welcome to come in and see the staff in the class if you have any questions to ask or are concerned about anything.
Have you seen the Kids’ Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.