Welcome to Turquoise!
Now that we are in Year 5, we are really developing responsibility for ourselves and others. We have lots of opportunities to work independently and let our personalities shine.
Our curriculum is linked across subjects to make it meaningful, purposeful and exciting. We will upload each theme overview so that you can see what teaching and learning will be taking place.
Please feel free to drop in and see Mrs Tomlin if you have any concerns or just a question or two. We will always welcome offers from parents to support in the classroom, whether for the occasional day or on a more regular basis.
A few reminders
- P.E is on Mondays and Thursdays. A full indoor and outdoor P.E kit is expected to be in school for them to wear so that they can fully participate.
- Spelling homework is given out every second Thursday and due in on the Tuesday two weeks later.
- Three in a Row Homework is given out once every half term and a letter will be sent home with more details. The current Three is a Row is a Maths based project and the children need to either print off the tasks they choose or ask me for a paper copy, which I will be more than happy to provide.
- All children have a Times Table Rock Stars log-in and we encourage them to practise these at home.
- All children have a library pin and can exchange their books at school when needed. We do encourage the children to use the library regularly and independently. Even though your child may be a fluent reader, it is still very important that they are reading regularly at home and discussing what they have read.
Look in on Learning
It would be great to see you at our Look in on Learning classroom event on Wednesday 5th December at 2.45pm.
It is a super opportunity to see what we have been learning this term - the children love to show their learning and amazing work!