Welcome to Coral!
Class Teacher: Mrs Gemma Tyler-Carss
Learning Support Assistant: Mrs Karen Byham
In class Coral we have lots of fun exploring, creating and learning through play. Every day we have time to work together as a group and independently on our own choice of task. We work hard to develop our confidence, independence and resilience. If you visit our classroom you will see a variety of activities both indoors and outdoors that enable us to develop our skills, knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. Whilst in Class Coral the foundations for our future learning will be established to prepare us for our journey through school.
Parents and carers are always welcome to come in to speak with any member of our class team if you have questions or concerns. We will keep you informed of our successes and achievements, once you have joined Class Coral, via Tapestry Online Learning journey with updates, photographs and video.
Just a few reminders:
- Please please make sure all clothes, coats, shoes, wellies and PE kits are ALL NAMED.
- Please send your child with a named water bottle with fresh water in each day and a healthy snack.
- We always need waterproofs and wellies in school as we are outside no matter what the weather.
- We have PE on Fridays so we need to have our PE kits in school.
- We ask parents to read with their children every day. Children who read themselves or are read to every day at home make much more rapid progress.
- Phonics underpins so much of what we do. Please reinforce the sounds we have been learning at school when you are at home, this can be as simple as playing I-spy, clapping syllables or making up silly rhymes.
- Keep an eye on Tapestry – any reminders or information about what we will be learning next week will be on that.
- Please send us in photos and notes on Tapestry about what your child has been doing at home. We love seeing them and we see your child’s education as being a 2 way process.