This week in Class Opal we will be:
* beginning a new unit of work in English based on the story ‘Can’t you sleep little bear?’
* recapping what you know about numbers to 20
* keeping active every day through PE, the Mountfields’s Mile and other short bursts of activity.
We had fun doing some Christmas painting today.
Jigsaw session - Wednesday 25th November
We talked about ways we are different from each other in class. We coloured our gingerbread person’s shorts in a different way to our partners.
This week we have been learning the story of The Three Little Pigs and trying to sequence the main events from the story. We made finger puppets to help us do this and thought about how to write a simple sentence about parts of the story.
- a wonderful Year 1 Class!
- becoming more independent and learning to put our things away by ourselves.
- very grown up! We even change our own reading books.
- a very kind and caring class and are always thinking of ways to look after each other.
- very enthusiastic learners who always work hard.
This year we will be mastering many crucial Maths and English skills through fantastic themes.
We have outdoor PE on a Monday.
Have you seen the Kids’ Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.