16.10.19 - Gymnastics in PE
We had fun recapping all of the gymnastic techniques we have learnt so far this term. We created routines using different balances, jumps, shapes and movements.
23.09.19 - Outdoor PE
We enjoyed learning how to skip with skipping ropes and practised holding our arms out wide to the side so we could jump over the rope.
4th September 2019 - Science
- a wonderful Year 1 Class!
- becoming more independent and learning to put our things away by ourselves.
- very grown up! We even change our own reading books.
- a very kind and caring class and are always thinking of ways to look after each other.
- very enthusiastic learners who always work hard.
- a class who loves singing and making up rhymes to help us remember things.
This year we will be mastering many crucial Maths and English skills through fantastic themes.
We have outdoor PE on a Monday and indoor PE on a Wednesday; so we need to have kit suitable for both.
Spellings and Phonics homework are issued on a Thursday and the Phonics homework should be returned on a Tuesday; we do a spelling check each Thursday. Also, we have a theme-based homework each half-term called ‘3-in-a-row’.
We have log-ins for our online resources of Bug Club and Purple Mash and these are in our reading diaries.
You are always welcome to come in and see the staff in the class if you have any questions to ask or are concerned about anything.
Have you seen the Kids’ Zone? Play games and visit some cool websites. You can vote for your favourites.